Classification of Wine
AOC Castillon-Cotes de Bordeaux
Varietal: 75% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Franc
Soil: Chalky and gravel soils
Vineyard age: 50 years
RS: 1.2 g/L
Sulfites: 32 mg/l
Wine maker: Thierry Valette
The “terroir “is distinctive, 80% of the estate being on the plateau, characterized by a thin layer of the hardest type of limestone known locally as « calcaire à astéries ». The remaining 20% is situated on the slopes below the plateau. Altitude is between 75 and 100 meters with a remarkable orientation, very good ventilation and day long luminosity. The vineyard viticulture is both organic and biodynamic.
Hand harvesting in small baskets. The transfer of intact fruit into the vats is achieved solely by gravity. Maceration and pre fermentation is achieved at low temperatures by introducing an inert gas into the vats. Fermentation is undertaken by the use of indigenous yeasts and temperature is controlled to less than 25°C during fermentation in cement vat. The wine is matured for approximately 6 months (2/3 in cement vats, and 1/3 in barrels of 2 and 3 years old).
Deep dark purple hue, on the nose smoky notes with black cherry and a
touch of eucalyptus. Soft mid palate, with silky tannins, blackberry, touch of pepper andvibrant fruit. The finish is long and elegant with persisting soft, refined tannins .
Serve at 18°C / 65°F
TOC rating 94 points
Bottle Size: 750 ml
Case Size: 20”x10”x14”
Full Weight Case: 36lb